Free Shipping on all orders
Be aware of your surroundings, look for exits in case of an emergency, become a people watcher, learn to read body language. 90% of self-protection is about self-awareness. Before a situation presents its self-think about what you might do to protect yourself or your children. If you are face with a situation DON’T PANIC, quickly analyze the situation and move.
This is the baseline in America.
• Unaware, “tuned out” – listening to music, texting, talking on a cell phone, – they don’t see danger coming
• People watching – in a relaxed state being aware of your surroundings.
• Identifying exits, possible weapons this condition allows you to be proactive. this condition is not being on edge or having a hair trigger but allows you to execute a plan of action prior to a situation.
• It is what happens when something has made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. – it could be something that your subconscious mind has picked up that your conscious mind hasn’t. This is the time for flight, get out of there if possible.
• When something has triggered you and you have gone from orange to red, – running or giving in are not options, – you move into condition red, which is the fight
• Avoid dangerous situations, areas, & people
• Use your voice if confronted
• Keep your distance
• Keep your eyes on him at all times
• Make sure he knows you see him and can identify him
• Snap shot – how tall is he- color eyes, clothing – jewelry
• Keep your head up
• Don’t shuffle your feet or use a “lazy” walk. Pick up your feet and move like you know where you are going, and that you have a purpose in going there
Confidence is projected through your body language, and how you verbally deal your attacker
• Use physical force and commit to what you are about to do, your life might depend on it
5 Common Places where Women are Attacked or Abducted from
TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS! BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS, If you see any odd behavior, PAY ATTENTION. Feel Like Your Being Followed? There is a good chance you are.
If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look him in the face and ask him a question, like “What time is it?” or make general small talk. Now that you’ve seen his face and could identify him in a line-up, you lose appeal as a target.
If he grabs you by the arm, grab him back and drop to his legs and wrap your legs around his leg (just one of his legs and sit criss cross, hold on as tight as you can) pull your head on the inside of his thigh, you can then bite and do an upward groin strike.
• Keep Alert
• Don’t stop to talk – Make eye contact and keep moving
• Become a people watcher and learn body language
• Keep your car & house doors locked
• Keep your gas tank at least 1/2 full at all times to avoid running out of gas or having to stop at a gas station that doesn’t look safe
Most of us have had someone walk up or pull up in a call and ask us a question, but what most women don’t realize is they are being “INTERVIEWED”. The following questions might seem harmless, even legitimate at times but for a predator, they serve a two-fold purpose.
#1 – The Distraction
The interview will go something like this…
– Excuse me, do you have the time?
– Do you have a cigarette or a light?
– Do you have any spare change?
– Can you help me, I’m lost. Do you know where this address is?
– Can I help you with your groceries, or hold the door for you?
This distraction is to get the focus off of him, as you look at your watch, look in your purse for a cigarette or lighter, spare change, stop to give directions, or let him help you with the groceries he now has the perfect opportunity to assault or abduct you.
#2 – Information Gathering
These predators are cold and calculating, they are master manipulators and can read people like we read a book, they are looking for a victim if they can strike up a conversation most likely they can get you to let your guard down, build trust and you will freely give him the information he needs to complete a later assault.
Everyone likes to be complimented but when a perfect stranger walks up to you and tries to engage you in conversation flattering you, or asking if you have ever been a model or would like to be a model you can bet he has predatory motivations.
These predators are looking for a target, a victim, they don’t want someone who will fight back because it increases their chances of being caught, so what are they looking for in a victim, well they have a ‘HUNTING LIST’.
They are looking for distracted women who are walking – jogging with headphones, talking, and texting, how many of you do this? If you are doing this, stop it – you are on their ‘hunting list’
They are looking for women who appear to have low self-esteem, and. or can be physically controlled.
• Walking with head down, walking with no purpose
• Someone who seems scared
• Long hair – Ponytail, bun, braid; any hairstyle can easily be grabbed.
• Jackets with hoods
• Women wearing a scarf or lanyard
They will use threats, degrading language, and or weapons to intimidate and gain compliance, their goal is to remove you to a secondary location. Listen, ladies, you have more chance of surviving a gunshot, or stab wound than if you comply with their demand and get into the car, if you get in the car you are not coming back.
Use your instincts, if you feel like you are being watched or followed you probably are, so many women I have interviewed have said that they felt like something was wrong but then convinced themselves that they were being paranoid, guess what they weren’t, they were either immediately assaulted or they were stalked and then assaulted. If you feel like something is wrong, bring attention to yourself, or the situation.
Invest in yourself, take this knowledge and use it, knowledge is POWER!